Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: No cooking necessary
Special Equipment: Food processor
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 oz. canned black beans
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tahini (or 2 tsp. sesame seeds and 1 tbsp. sesame oil )
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with pita/flat bread, bell pepper slices, or "dippers" of your choice. Refrigerate leftover hummus.
Like the spicy chickpea hummus I made before, this hummus is spicy and flavorful and makes for a delicious snack.