Yields: Approx. 1/2 cup
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Assembly time (no cooking required): 5 minutes
Special equipment: Food processor
- Approx. 2-4 oz. fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted (toast in oven for 2 minutes at 350*F)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and/or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add all of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse to thoroughly blend. Use the mixture as a sauce or spread. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This sauce is packed with flavor: "spicy" garlic, fresh basil and parsley, nutty and salty Italian cheeses, and toasted pine nuts all create a strong flavor that works well in all sorts of dishes.